Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Behavior

I've been experiencing a very challenging situation lately that has me at my wits end. I've been railing and raving and ranting about it for months now and it hasn't helped one bit.
One day last week I woke up and I heard God say, "How has your behavior in this situation worked out for you?" I realized that what I was calling 'a string of bad luck' could very well be a result of my attitude toward whats happening around me. "How's that working out for you?"  It's not.
God said, "You cry out for me and bitch and whine and moan, yet you don't do any of the things that you need to do. You hardly ever pray, you don't read your Bible, you never spend any time with me and you don't go to church".
So, I have been really trying to change all that. I've been reading my Bible, I've been praying a little more, I went to church last Sunday where I sang and worshiped the Lord. I'm watching my words and thoughts. I realized that I often judge others and say things about people I don't even know. I was saying mean things on Facebook and Twitter. Not malicious things but not supportive things.
 I thought, "Who am I to judge others when I can't even manage my own life? What a hypocrite. No wonder I'm having such bad luck.
So, it's been ten days since then, and I have to say I feel a lot better now. The problem is still a problem, but I'm not so angry and I have hope that with God, the situation can get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment